As owners of many accommodation, academic and support buildings, The University of Nottingham undertakes several refurbishment and maintenance projects on campus each year. Innes England was asked to work with the University’s maintenance and surveying teams to meet a number of strict project deadlines during the holiday period.
- Feasibility study
- Design and specification
- Obtaining building control approval and listed building consent
- CDM coordinator
- Building surveying
- Cost and quality control
- Contract and administration / project management
The projects to date include the following:
- Relocation and refurbishment of the Students’ Union offices and Student Services Centre in the Portland Building. Value £180,000.
- Refurbishment and alterations to shower rooms at the Cripps Hall of Residence, including installation of new en-suite shower rooms, flooring and decoration. Value: £450,000.
- Internal alterations at Cripps Computing Centre to form server rooms and install fire-stopping and suppression systems. Value £20,000.
- Preparing Schedule of Condition reports. Floor area 40,000 sq ft
First we produced feasibility reports advising on the outline design, specification and estimates. Once on site, we continually reviewed costs throughout each project to ensure budgets were not exceeded. We also held regular meetings with the estates department and project representatives in each building to ensure that all their requirements and expectations were being met.
Frequent quality inspections and prompt rectification of snagging items meant every project was completed on time and on budget, with zero defects. We also kept the university’s maintenance teams fully informed of techniques and products used to help them manage future maintenance more effectively.
'Project value £650k'