The Co-operative Group is the UK’s largest mutual business, owned by almost six million consumers rather than private shareholders. It is the UK’s fifth biggest food retailer, the leading convenience store operator and a major financial services provider, operating both The Co-operative Bank and The Co-operative Insurance. The group operates over 5,000 retail trading outlets, employs more than 110,000 people and has an annual turnover of £13.7 billion.
- Disposal and management of non-trading assets
- An area covering Central and Eastern regions
- Marketing advice, viewings and negotiation
- Preparation of executive board approval reports
- Collection of rent and service charge
- Management of repairs, service charges and debt-collection
- Acquisitions for the group including pharmacy, funeral care and food
The Co-operative and Innes England
The Co-operative instructed Innes England in 2000 to manage the Central/Eastern-UK based portfolio of 241 non-trading assets – that is properties no longer used by the company. The management includes dealing with a variety of landlord and tenant issues, including rent and service charge collection, debt collection, assessing and managing repairs, as well as sales and lettings. With a large ranging portfolio stretching from Watford to north Nottinghamshire, we actively market properties and agree lettings which seek to meet the corporate objectives of our client.
- Property management contract retained since 2000
- Out of all the retained property consultants, Innes England has delivered the best debtcollection results in the UK
- Disposal of Nottingham Co-operative department store to Henry Boot Developments
- Disposal of 23,000 sq ft and 30,000 sq ft food stores to Morrisons
- Development and letting advisors on former Co-operative department store on the high street, redeveloped and pre-let to Halifax BS, Holland & Barrett and Partners
'241 assets managed with £5.7m rent collected annually'