Miller Birch is a joint venture between Miller Developments and East Midlands entrepreneur and property developer Peter Gadsby. Established in 2000, it is one of the UK’s leading property development companies.
- Investment valuation advice throughout the development process to create saleable end investment
- Identification of and negotiations with multi-national group for worldwide headquarters for Speedo
- Advice resulting in sale of investment ahead of practical completion
Miller Birch and Innes England
Over the past ten years, Innes England has advised Miller Birch on a variety of development schemes but most notably its prestigious ng2 Business Park. It occupies an outstanding location and is now firmly established as the most sought-after business address in Nottingham.
The award-winning development combines a series of large iconic headquarter office buildings together with smaller pavilion style units known as The Triangle. Over 400,000 sq ft has been developed with space for up to a further 200,000 sq ft of accommodation.
Global swimwear manufacturer Speedo developed a brief to relocate to a modern office with research labs to help it deliver an ambitious expansion plan – preferably ahead of the London 2012 Olympics. Speedo identified the ng2 Business Park as a location which would meet its very testing requirements for a global headquarters building.
- Working with Miller Birch and Speedo, Innes England provided development and investment advice
- Arriving at a design and lease solution which suited all parties this produced a highly attractive investment opportunity. This ensured that a highly prized investment property was secured by Allianz UK in advance of the completion of the construction of the building for £10m, reflecting a yield of 6.75%.
'Cradle to grave advice on the development of a prime office park'