Acting on behalf of investor Valad Europe to deliver an agency and investment solution in order to maximise the value of a partly-let industrial estate with a view to its eventual sale.
Industrial agency expertise
- Letting agents for a multi-let industrial scheme within a traditional manufacturing area
- Securing occupiers on a leasehold basis
- Subsequent sale of the freehold investment
There were a number of vacant units on the estate and the landlords needed new agents to provide impetus and results in letting the units. The priority was to formulate a fresh marketing strategy. This, combined with our local market knowledge of industrial requirements, enabled us to secure new occupiers from the local area. As part of the project we provided lease renewal, lease restructuring and rent review advice to achieve a more attractive investment proposition.
In order to maximise investment returns, we undertook rating appeals on the largest vacant unit to reduce empty rates liability. We then provided strategic investment advice to bring the investment to the market comprising of 11 units totalling 57,400 sq ft and producing an annual income of circa £192,000 per annum.
- Local market knowledge enabled a focused marketing campaign to secure tenants
- Lettings of five units achieved
- Secured a reduction in the rateable value of 17%
- In-depth knowledge of investors in this sector enabled a successful freehold disposal of the investment.
'Five lettings acheived to maximise the investment value'