Hanson UK is a leading supplier of heavy building materials to the construction industry. Turnover for the UK business in 2012 was £1.2 billion. The company is part of the Heidelberg Cement Group, which is one of the largest building materials manufactures world wide, employing around 52,000 people at 2,500 locations in 40 countries.
Industrial Agency Expertise
- Freehold disposal advice for pre-cast concrete works comprising a mix of industrial units on a seven acre site
- Marketing the site as a redevelopment opportunity
- Early disposal after securing unconditional bids through an informal tender process
To facilitate a quick, clean disposal, securing maximum value of Hanson UK’s pre-cast concrete works on Alfreton Road, which comprised a bespoke range of industrial workshop and storage buildings, sitting on an irregular shaped site of 7.119 acres (2.881 hectares), with limited frontage.
Pre-disposal marketing advice on existing and alternative use values and review the viability of selling the site both for existing uses and redevelopment opportunities for alternative uses including industrial, leisure or office.
We formulated a marketing strategy to bring the site forward for disposal to the widest potential market maximising the opportunities for competitive interest.
The site was offered for sale by private treaty with Innes England acting in a sole agency capacity.
Given our strong local knowledge we were able to undertake a short focused marketing campaign which resulted in competitive bids received resulting in best and final bids through an informal tender process.
- Ten competitive bids were reviewed and appraised with the client with appropriate advice and recommendations put forward
- Following consultation with Hanson, a preferred bid was received ensuring that our client benefited from a quick, clean disposal at a full sale price with the purchaser taking on the site in its existing condition. The unconditionality also ensured that Hanson received the purchase price within a quick timescale and avoided a conditional contract and a longer timescale.
- We liaised with the vendor and purchasers’ respective legal representatives to complete the sale within a six week period.
'Sale completion of seven acre site by informal tender in six weeks'