Acting on behalf of the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) to market and facilitate the regeneration of ten acres of land adjacent to the National Space Centre allocated for science and technology uses.
Marketing / Disposal Expertise
- Formation of a marketing strategy for flexible and multiple occupation
- Targeting user/planning compliant occupiers
- Securing occupiers during and post construction
- Site sales to owner occupiers
Innes England was involved at the outset of the project as part of the overall masterplanning exercise, which led to the identification of a suitable site.
Innes England then established a clear understanding of the planning policy and formed a targeted marketing campaign. Target sectors included emerging technologies such as low carbon / environmental, space and biotechnology.
- The promotion and resulting land plot to Leicester City Council enabled the facilitation and construction of a new £5.9m 35,000 sq ft innovation centre.
- The Innovation Workspace Centre will be the catalyst for the Leicester Science Park as a high quality location for knowledge-based businesses. On completion, the project will provide fully serviced accommodation, including a mix of incubation and grow-on spaces, along with various offices and workshop spaces.
- The sale of land to Sowden Group for the construction of the first speculative technology building totalling 15,000 sq ft.
'Kick starting the development of a ten acre science park'