Costa Limited, part of the Whitbread Group, operates over 1,300 coffee shops across the UK and more than 600 internationally. In addition to Costa-owned shops, the brand has become a well-established corporate and individual franchise opportunity with over 180 franchise stores nationwide. Innes England acts for two franchisees with contracted territories across the East Midlands. The franchisees are actively acquiring and they have nine outlets with several more openings due in the near future. We are currently working with them to look at many other potential store locations across the East Midlands.
- Sole acquisition agent for the East Midlands
- Pre-acquisition advice
- Proactive site search and option assessment
- Negotiation and agreement
Costa and Innes England
- Understand the client’s business and strategic needs
- Formulating, agreeing and implementing strategy
- Focused targeting of on and off market opportunities
- Assessment of opportunities, providing shortlist and recommendations
- Negotiation and agreement of acquisition terms
- Working closely with client, their other professional and legal advisers
- Schedule of conditions produced where appropriate
- Post-acquisition – portfolio review and management including negotiation of rent reviews, lease renewals and business rates appeals
We provided advice and assistance in agreeing the acquisition by Coffee Lovers (Lutterworth) Limited of their new outlet in Church Street, Lutterworth. As part of the advice, we also prepared and submitted a schedule of condition to limit their repairing liability. The shop opened and trading has performed well. Two further outlets have also been secured and we are continuing to work closely with the franchisees in relation to their ongoing requirements.
'Proactive sourcing of off-market opportunities'