We have an exciting opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor with broad commercial property experience who is looking to develop their career in the East Midlands.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A senior building surveyor or associate within our East Midlands based Building Surveying team working from either our Nottingham, Leicester or Derby offices, for a variety of investor and occupier clients on a diverse range of commercial, industrial and retail properties with a 60:40 split between professional and project driven instructions.
Nottingham, Leicester, Derby
The candidate will require a strong background in professional services including dilapidations, technical due diligence and pre-acquisition surveys. The key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare schedules of dilapidations and negotiate settlements;
- Client management duties;
- Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of commercial property;
- Carry out pre-acquisition surveys, and building condition surveys;
- Ensure buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards;
- Project Management and Contract Administration duties;
- Analyse and report on building defects;
- Monitoring of building work on site;
- Assist with the growth and expansion plans for the Building Surveying team;
- Prepare Schedules of Condition reports and Reinstatement Cost Assessments;
- Identify new business opportunities as well as to maintain strong current business relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- An experienced Building Surveyor with significant experience within the commercial sector;
- Experience at the Senior Surveyor / Associate level ideally with 3+ years PQE;
- RICS qualified Chartered Surveyor status;
- Professional, personable with a commercial approach;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Excellent communication skills with gravitas amongst clients and peers;
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop other team members;
- Positive attitude, true team player with a ‘can do’ approach;
- Valid clean UK driving licence is essential.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to Sarah Howard firstname.lastname@example.org