We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director, with broad commercial property experience to join our Building Consultancy Team, based across the East Midlands.
About the Role
An Associate Director within our East Midlands based Building Consultancy team working from either our Nottingham, Leicester or Derby offices, for a variety of investor and occupier clients on a diverse range of commercial, industrial and retail properties with a 60:40 split between professional and project driven instructions.
Nottingham, Leicester, Derby
The candidate will require a strong background in professional services including dilapidations, technical due diligence and pre-acquisition surveys. The key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare schedules of dilapidations and negotiate settlements;
- Client management duties;
- Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of commercial property;
- Carry out pre-acquisition surveys, and building condition surveys;
- Ensure buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards;
- Project Management and Contract Administration duties;
- Analyse and report on building defects;
- Monitoring of building work on site;
- Assist with the growth and expansion plans for the Building Surveying team;
- Prepare Schedules of Condition reports and Reinstatement Cost Assessments;
- Identify new business opportunities as well as to maintain strong current business relationships.
Qualifications and Experience
- An experienced Building Surveyor with significant experience within the commercial sector;
- Experience at the Senior Surveyor / Associate level ideally with 3+ years PQE;
- RICS qualified Chartered Surveyor status;
- Professional, personable with a commercial approach;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Excellent communication skills with gravitas amongst clients and peers;
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop other team members;
- Positive attitude, true team player with a ‘can do’ approach;
- Valid clean UK driving licence is essential.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to Sarah Howard firstname.lastname@example.org